Sunday, February 10, 2013

Team Spirit in Pillow Form

My dad is always a tough one to buy presents for, so this year I decided to get creative. He's a huge Colts fan, a season ticket-holder since they moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis. 

This was my first attempt at applique and I'm pretty happy at how it turned out. I bought several fat quarters of various blue fabrics, trying to stay away from anything too floral. Then I sewed them together in strips to get a patchwork look:


I fashioned a stencil out of paper bag to make the horseshoe:



Then I topstitched around the horseshoe using a zig-zag stitch and stitched it up to form the pillow cover:


I used Colts fabric for the back for a little authenticity:


Overall I think the pillows came out really well, and they were pretty easy to make! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something good.