Friday, December 19, 2014

Runner Fuel (#ThinkKit Day 19)

#ThinkKit's 19th Day:

Insert Theme Music Here

Strike up the band – what was the soundtrack to your year? Was it the music you listened to the most? A certain song that kept reappearing, or worse...that you couldn't get away from? Or maybe it wasn't music at all – maybe a podcast, voice, performance, or significant sound played over-and-over. Whatever you heard: we're all ears!

This year, I've been obsessed with putting together a great running playlist. It really helps to motivate me when I'm running miles and miles all on my own. Here are my highlights. They're a mix of music I've always loved, throwbacks to the 90's, and songs I would never listen to if it weren't for running. It has a little bit of amped up pop, some riot grrrl stuff, and some metal. I stream everything through Spotify so I can mix it up and try new songs all the time.

Let me know in the comments what I should add! What gets your blood flowing and your feet moving?

Running music playlist 2015:

Revolusion by Elliphant
Black Widow (Vice Remix) by Iggy Azalea
Declare Independence by Bjork
Feedback by Janet Jackson
Infinity Guitars by Sleigh Bells
Paper Tigers by Thrice
A.K.A. by Jennifer Lopez
Break the Rules by Charli XCX
Adrenalize by In This Moment
Game On by Disciple
No Son Of Mine by Every Time I Die
Girl On Fire (Inferno Version) by Alicia Keys
Raspberry Swirl by Tori Amos
The Last Time by All That Remains
Fireball by DEV
Becoming The Bull by Atreyu
99 Problems by Jay-Z
Me Quiere by Ivy Queen
Lookin' at Me by Pearl Future/Nicki Minaj
Die Another Day by Madonna
Big Hoops by Nelly Furtado
Dare (La La La) by Shakira
Burn by Ellie Goulding
Dig Me Out by Sleater-Kinney
I Won't Let You Down by OK Go
I Am Your Leader by Nicki Minaj
Survival by Eminem (I can't stand Eminem, but I make an exception for this song)
Don't Give Up by Noisettes
Gutless by Hole
Alive by Krewella
Volcano Girls by Veruca Salt
5 Minutes by Hum.V
Every Heartbeat (Radio Edit Remix) by Amy Grant (yeah, I said it)
Heart On My Sleeve by Mary Lambert
Hello Kitty by Avril Lavigne (it's nonsensical but it's a great running song)
Work Hard, Play Hard by Wiz Khalifa
Fatty Boom Boom by Die Antwoord
Problem by Natalia Kills
Catch You by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Run the World by Beyonce
I'm a Firecracker by Princess Superstar
Fireball by Willow
Brackish by Kittie
Bleeding Mascara by Atreya

1 comment:

  1. I see a surprising lack of Missy Elliot.
    Recommended: http://youtu.be/t2oIhJG7rXA

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good.